Become an Educurious Expert.
Improve educational outcomes for students!
At Educurious™, our mission is to reduce our nation's dropout rates through improved educational outcomes and a broader awareness of career paths amongst our nation's high school students. Educurious offers an effective, flexible, and rewarding opportunity for working professionals to share their insights and experiences with U.S. high school students through The Educurious Expert Network (TEEN)™.
Utilizing our platform, students will ask Experts for feedback on assignments pre-selected by teachers. Educurious Experts are not expected to grade student work. Instead, their primary role is to enrich students' understanding of content by serving as the working professional who can help further develop student skills.
To become an Educurious Expert, the following steps are required:
- Fill out our online application.
Commitment and Screening
- Attend a virtual orientation session (links to virtual orientation are sent after Educurious reviews your application).
- Review and agree to abide by our Expert Code of Conduct.
- Educurious will work with you to complete the screening process.
Assignment and Training
- When screening is completed, you will be added to our pool of Experts to be assigned to courses.
- Educurious will provide you with next steps and best practices for working with students.
Serving as an Educurious Expert can be both fun and rewarding, but it is a serious responsibility. All Experts must be able to commit a few hours each week for up to six weeks (depending on the course). It is important to note that the upcoming year is a pilot year, so there may be changes to timing and engagement. We appreciate your willingness to contribute to the evolution of our model.
- Compliance with the Educurious Expert Code of Conduct
- Completion of a profile for The Educurious Expert Network (TEEN)
- Virtual feedback or engagement as defined on a course-by-course basis
For additional information about serving as an Expert, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every professional in The Educurious Expert Network has a unique career path that can inspire students. Kathy Thomas graduated with a degree in mathematics, spent time as an artist, and now works as a statistician and scientific modeler for infectious diseases.