How Do Social and Cultural Influences Shape Our Lives?
Introducing a New Educurious Unit: Mining Personal Histories
In this unit, students use:
- Project-based learning.
- Common Core Standards.
- 21st-century capabilities.
- Skill-building leading to a final project.
Students read, view, and discuss personal histories. Then they research stories of people they know.
Students will also:
- Analyze language and its effect on meaning and tone.
- Conduct research around the challenge question and synthesize information from multiple sources.
- Participate effectively in a range of collaborative discussions.
- Interact and publish with peers and experts.
Students create a video documentary that will help them address the question, "How do social and cultural influences shape our lives?"